The following week I was welcomed to Wolfs Gym as a PT by Mike and his gorgeous wife Paula. Mike has owned 4 gyms in England so he knows what he is doing with them, how to keep his members happy, what to provide for them and how to treat and I was absolutley rapt at being on staff.
My new gym "Wolfs" which is on the corner of Moselle and Waipaiera Ave in Henderson is "amazing". I actually feel like I am in love. Only a bodybuilder could fall as strongly in love with a gym such as I have, but I have. The gym size is just perfect, couldnt tell you in metres but big, I wouldnt like to clean it. It is amazing in state of the art equipment - everything is brand new with not a piece of second hand equipment to be seen, and the atmosphere is so comfortable but motivating that I dont want to leave there. So after only 5 days of being there, I am settling in nicely and enjoying taking my clients there and meeting new clients. The pricing at Wolfs is very reasonable at $18 per week with no joining fee and the casual fee is $10.00 per visit but you can check things out on the website www.wolfsgym.co.nz
I promise to add lots of pics in the next week of the gym and show you what it is all about.
Oh one of the things I love about Wolfs is the "Stairmaster", two of them in fact. Wolfs is possibly the only gym in Auckland with them and I challenge anyone to last 10 mins on one without alot of moaning and groaning and buckets of sweat. I did 20 mins on it on Monday and my butt and quads ached from 7 mins onwards.. I'm game to get on again tomorrow and do 30 mins. My challenge of the day for myself..
Ok so here are some of the brilliant points that I love about Wolfs Gym
1. Me, Wolf and staff are there to help everybody,..lol
2. The fantastic new equipment - from a iso-lateral preacher bench that I have never seen in any gym Ive trained in, to the iso lat raise machine. You have to try them out to believe it. us.commercial.lifefitness.com
3. Fastastic pumping music, you wont hear the radio, or staff advertising promotions over mics, or Johny Cash or Crystle Gale at Wolfs gym
4. The Stairmaster and the many treadmills/recumbant bikes, rowers etc that are available - there are more than enough for everybody
5. Benches are designed to fit the body, the olympic bars are perfectly straight and the equipment is well maintained.
6. Ezy curls bars and straight bars of every weight increment you possibly need and dumbells, 3 dbell racks to choose from with double ups of everything.
7. Weight plates, trees + collars everywhere - you dont have to go hunting or wait for somebody to finish
8. Huge range of different handles, ropes, + attachments for any & every exercise possible
9. Spacious showers and toilets + lockers upstairs, and a handy unisex and wheelchair tiolet downstairs
10 12 more pieces of equipment arriving and a mezzazne floor being built at the end of the month - whoppee
11. Programme cards with pics so you know what to look for during those important first few weeks, + fitness assessments available at first appt
12. The best thing of all. You dont have to join a transformation challenge to get help at Wolfs. The staff - Russell, Andrew and
Mike will personally help you in the gym with anything you need and when you need that extra help or one on one sessions, Dion or myself are available by appointment at extra cost.
Ok so I stopped at 12 but could go on and one - The protein shakes, thick and gorgeous and 45 grams of protein, 8 grams carbs and super yummy. But I shall film a training session in the next week and show you some of the gear which is available and hopefully you will be tempted to come over and work out with me or come for a special visit at any rate.
I think it is an understatement to say I am excited.. lol.
Ok Im off to bed. I still need to tell you about my muscle weekend with 3 New Plymouth Chicks but I will do. It was an awesome weekend and I will write about them for you on Friday. night everybody - Cant wait to get to work tomorrow xx
|Mike - the man himself stripped down for Trisha, Ashleigh and Sharon the first day of training at "Wolfs"||Mke, my boss, known to most as Wolf the British Gladiator||The iso lateral bicep machine - expect a huge range of machnes to hit each muscle group from every angle at Wolfs|